Bakers Delight Chia Bread
Possibly the greatest bread in the Southern Hemisphere.
Highly prized by the Aztecs and Mayans, Chia (Salvia Hispanica) is an ancient South American seed that had remained largely lost until recent times. It wasn’t until the clever folk at The Chia Co. realised that Western Australia possessed the ideal growing conditions for this notoriously fussy plant that this Southern Hemisphere superfood came back into our diet.
Australia is now the world’s largest producer of Chia and Bakers Delight is proud to offer these whole seeds to you as a miraculous ingredient in our Chia Omega-3 Loaves and Rolls.
- Chia is the richest plant based source of omega-3 ALA, dietary fibre and protein,
helping you maintain a healthy body and mind.
- Just two slices of our White Chia Omega-3 Bread contains 100% of the adequate intake*
of omega-3 ALA for women and children and 90% for men.
- Protein and fibre to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- High in fibre for healthy insides.
- Antioxidants for general wellbeing.
- Key minerals (like magnesium and iron) for healthy muscles and to maintain energy levels.
- Wholemeal Chia Omega-3 Bread contains 25% more fibre than ordinary supermarket bread.
- Baked fresh daily in white and wholemeal.
* NHMRC Nutrient Reference Values, 2006
Click here to search our products and view Chia Omega-3 Wholemeal and White nutrition panel.