Frequently asked questions
Common questions about becoming a Bakers Delight franchisee.
- What is the cost of a franchise?
The average outlay to establish a Bakers Delight bakery, is approximately $390,000 in Australia and $380,000 in New Zealand (NZ$).
Please also look at our Manage to Own program as an alternative means of ultimately achieving the goal of owning a Bakers Delight bakery.
- Do I need to be a baker?
No, our fully accredited training program covers all aspects of the business including baking.
Successful franchisees come from many different backgrounds.
- What qualities do I need?
A franchisee needs to display the following qualities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Possess a desire to achieve.
- Willing to follow the Bakers Delight system.
- Good communication skills.
- Self-discipline and tenacity.
- Superior organisational skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Show integrity.
- What type of training do I need?
Our competency based training program is conducted in a bakery and provides training in baking, management and Bakers Delight operational procedures. This is also supported by off the job courses and seminars.
Franchisee training includes:
- Small business operations.
- Small business finance.
- Franchise systems.
- Baking skills and production management.
- Product knowledge and food safety.
- Bakery team training and customer service.
- Marketing and promotions.
- Purchasing and inventory control.
- Effective people management practices and workplace relations.
- What is the royalty payment and marketing levy?
Presently Bakers Delight Australia and New Zealand has franchise royalty of 6.5 per cent of GST exclusive weekly sales and an advertising contribution of 2 per cent.
- What are the rewards?
The satisfaction of being your own boss and building a successful business.
Many franchisees are generating six figure incomes.